Whit and the kids came down yesterday. Since it was so beautiful outside we decided to take a walk down to the pasture to check on the owl. We noticed that Brant and Josie were falling behind. They were having troubles walking through the grass?? and old cow patties. Macie seem to be just fine in her flip flops, but Brant was not liking his ankles getting scratched with the taller grass. Whit told him to get over it and we continued on. The owl had left his nest, so we did some tree climbing. After checking out the horses & cows, we later took a mule ride to the Powers' farm to visit their animals. They have sheep, chickens, and one good ol' pony. The kids enjoyed holding the new lambs and chicks, and of course a ride on Bambi. I love my country farm life!! I can only take so much of that city- traffic, people and conjestion! I can understand when Whit needs to come home to the farm.
The LONG trip through the pasture.
Brant the dare devil.
The owl has flown away. (See older posts)
Feeding Ky ( my horse)
Checking out our cows. They were being very friendly.
Jett's usual state.
What's behind door #1? Just cows.
Brand new baby lambs at the Powers farm. Our good friends & neighbors.
Baby chicks!! Barbara had just got them that day.
I hope this picture is around in 15 years.
Poor Bambi. She is one valuable pony. She is sooo old.
Bambi is a true babysitter. She has given hundreds of rides.
You must end the day with popcorn and a good movie!!
Breakfast? Pancakes of course. I hope these kids are always this close.
No comments:
Post a Comment