Friday, July 22, 2011

4-H FAIR - Dog show

I am glad to say that we (and we I mean- Addie, me, max (the pup), and belle (our lab) survive the 4-H dog show that was held yesterday in this terrible heat at the fair grounds.  I was very relieved when they said the show was over.  I know Addie was.  Addie did very well considering what she had to work with.  She first did showmanship w/ our lab, Belle.  Up to this point, Belle was just our happy go lucky yard dog. Her days consist of laying around, taking a dip in the pond and catching the not-so-lucky rabbit.  I decided that Addie would have better luck getting Belle to pose pretty than Max.  So Belle got to practice the leash bit and have her fist bath in years.  She did pretty well w/ Addie considering how hot she was and all the extra dogs and people around.  Since Addie was the only pee wee, she got to do her class with the only senior class.  A little unfair I thought.  But Addie didn't even seem to notice any different.  She finished and I think was pleased this 73LB dog didn't pull her little frame all over the place.  She received the GRAND CHAMPION SHOWMANSHIP AWARD !!!!!!





Next came Max and his 5 month crazy self.  He did fairly descent at the beginning......but then when Addie tried to get him to sit and stay.  He was pretty much done with all that obedience training.  Addie kept plugging away with him and I think impressed the judge with her sticking with it.  She received a red ribbon with Max and the judge commented that she'll make a good handler.  Awesome!! 
 

 
All that work paid off with some ribbons and a plaque.  I am proud of how she did and that she stuck with it.  Next year I hope she gives a shot again.  We'll see. 

The horse show is Sunday morn.  Info to come on how that goes....

Addie's photography went very well too.  She received 1 purple, 2 blues, 1 red & 1 white.  Her purple got entered amongst all the other purples and hers received GRAND CHAMPION of that class.  (She was the youngest entered) Awesome again!! This pic was her grand champion one... Remember that owl????? ( See older posts)


1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Addie! I am so proud of you. You are growing up so fast and I wish I could've watched you show Max and Belle. The photo of the owl is FANTASTIC...I see a future in photography for you!! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete